Tuesday 16 April 2013

Late post from OTEN

Hi all

I know this was due a while back, I hope it is not too late and you all enjoying seeing a bit of my world.

What/who is OTEN?

OTEN is the Open Training Education Network, once upon a time an Institute of TAFE NSW, since a restructure in 2003 a college of Western Sydney Institute. OTEN is over 100 years old, and commenced life as a correspondence school to deal with typhoid epidemic in 1910!

This is a History of OTEN booklet that was published to mark our 100 year anniversary.



Sorry, I thought I would be able to hyperlink the image but I can't, so please go to
to read, it is only a short chart of history through the ages, very little reading!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura Armesto! Welcome to the blog! My name is Maria Bodestig and I study for vocational teachers of children and recreation program in Gothenburgh, Sweden. I opened your link and read about the history of the school. Over 100 years old, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look so modern! And inviting with the big tree in front of school!

    Wonderful to se the green grass and the flowering tree! Here in Sweden the spring now begins to come! What kind of educational program do you offer at your school?

    ReplyDelete